"I don't know if you're near or far away, but I know that I'm thinking of you today. I don't know if I even know your name, but I know that I'm praying for you just the same." LaRue's "Someday" lyrics
I've had a couple of "meh" weeks to be completely honest. This is a season in my life where I have been so freakin' mad at God for not giving me my hearts desires and instead of running to Him, I just checked out on Him completely. God finally got a hold of my attention on July 19th. He led me to a prayer challenge and I started it on that day.
While life has thrown itself into my path and caused me to stop this journey on Day 2 (ha), I was so grateful to pick it up 9 days later. Here are the 1st 5 days of the 31 day "Praying for your future husband/husband" Nancy Leigh DeMoss challenge:
Day 1 Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)
Day 2 Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)
Day 3 Pray that your husband will be humble and quick to agree with God about his sin. Pray that his heart will be tender toward the voice of the Lord. (Ps. 51:2-4; Micah 6:8)
Day 4Pray that your husband will grow in leadership skills in your relationship—protecting and providing for you. Pray that he will lead you wisely and love you sacrificially, so that God will be glorified in your marriage. (Eph. 5:25-29; Col. 3:19)
Day 5Pray that your husband will be faithful to his wedding vows. Pray that he will have a desire to cultivate your relationship as a sign of his loyalty and commitment to you, and as a picture of Christ’s love for the Church. (Prov. 20:6; Gen. 2:24)
I usually start with these and end up praying over whatever God places on my heart at that time and writing in his journal.
Day 1, was a HUGE blessing to me. I prayed for God to show me a sign that I wasn't doing this in vain. Meaning, if He was asking me to accept that I was called into singlehood forever, I didn't want to partake in this challenge out of my own wants for a hubbie. Throughout that day He showed me such beautiful signs that I wasn't doing this in vain. They truly touched my heart!
Day 2, was the same thing. I prayed for peace about being single right now and He completely met that request.
Day 3, God led me to rereading some of the entries I wrote to future hubs in his journal and I just sat in silence before God and sobbed. It has been a long journey to get to where I am now, but I'm so grateful that God encouraged me to be so transparent in my entries. I learned a lot about me from those words, it gave me courage to keep praying and writing.
Day 4, was just today! Ha! While praying today my imagination took over and I started envisioing my hubbie being the leader in our relationship and home. It was so dear to my heart. Maybe a little glimpse at what it will be like? (Don't worry it wasn't all perfect, in fact, one of our children had vomitted on me in that vision- HA!)
Here is to the next 27 days. May I be faithful to what God has asked of me!
1 comment:
We must be on the same wavelength or something! I swear, it's like reading my own words sometimes :)
Post a Comment