Sunday, January 1, 2012

My One Word 2012

Happy New Year!

Mmm the thing I love most about ringing in the New Year is the opportunity to really reflect on what God has brought me through in 12 months and seek Him on what He is going to do in the next 12. So many of my friends had their One Word before ringing in the New Year, but this time I was lost and that seems to be so fitting for where I am in this season of my life.

2012 is going to be marked with moving to a new city, starting a new job, and creating a new sense of community in a new place. So many "new" s can make a girl crazy, especially when those "new" s are completely unknown to me right now. Ringing in 2012 last night with a thoughtful, expectant heart that God would lead me to the perfect word, and He did! :)

Last year my word was "Embrace". Oh how that one word blessed my heart and my entire outlook on life. I cannot even begin to tell you what that word did for me, but it is such a sweet memory in my life as I worked on embracing God for who He is, embracing the transitional place He had me in, embracing who He said I am, and fully embracing His promises for me. God helped move mountains in my life with that one word and I'm so excited to see what He is going to do with this next one!!

My one word for 2012 is: DELIGHT.

The journey to get to that word took all of 10 minutes as I woke up this morning and the Lord directed me to my old journals. I had written an entry in 2008 that read, "Around ever blind corner, every unknown path, no matter what transition life throws at me, I can delight in the deliverance of the Lord."

Then I did a quick google image search for the word "delight" and found the above image. It made me cry because so many times this past year I have questioned God giving me the desires of my heart. Now in plain language He says, "I will... but first you have to learn to delight yourself in Me baby girl."

I feel so convicted that in the past I have pressed the word delight on my brain- "Daddy, I delight in You, now give me what I want please." This year I want to ask the Lord to impress the word delight on my heart. What that looks like, I'm not sure yet, but I am oh so excited!!

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

Thank You, Lord. 

No comments: