***Update as of 6/29/11: Thank you all SO much for your comments and e-mails! We've had a lot of fun getting to know all of you and have spent a lot of prayer time about who Eric wanted to contact. I'm so proud of him for seeking the Lord first on his decisions! There are four sweet women who he is choosing to pray over and will hopefully contact soon! Please don't be discouraged if you weren't one of the four, you are all WONDERFUL! Praying for each of your God written love stories!!*****
The last time Kelly had a "Show Me Your Singles" day, I kicked myself in the butt for not getting a post up about my friend Eric. This time I knew I had to be on top of things, because he is definitely a catch!
Please meet my friend, Eric.
![]() |
| Eric on a hiking trip |
Eric is a 25 year old graduate from Ohio University with his bachelor's degree in exercise physiology and is currently on the acceleration track for his bachelor's in nursing at Ashland University- set to graduate this upcoming August.
![]() |
| Eric and sister |
A lover of Jesus, medical mission trips, hiking, and bugging the stuffing out of me ;), Eric is a sweetheart who makes it his main goal in life to welcome ALL people in and love them without judgement. He is outgoing, LOUD, adventerous and driven.
![]() |
| Eric volunteering |
One of the things I adore the most about my buddy is that he isn't afraid to ask the hard questions in Christianity. He understands the mystery of God and wants to push people to their full potential in their relationship in Christ. So expect Eric to ask you hard, in-depth questions about Christ, life, living, and death, knowing that he is merely trying to get you to think.
![]() |
| Eric is 6'2" and yes, he has a Superman sign on his forehead :) |
After graduating he is free to move where he feels God is leading him, so please don't let the "OHIO" get you. If you feel like Eric is someone you would like to get to know better please contact me by leaving a comment here or e-mailing me at:
Early.erica@gmail.com
Also, I wanted to leave you with a little bio that Eric wrote about himself. :)
![]() |
| Eric went on a medical missions trip over Spring Break |
Hi, my name is Eric. I am currently in the last months of nursing school and eager to see what God has next for me. I have three brothers and one sister, who mean a lot to me, along with some pretty cool friends. I am a person that is spontaneous and usually goes with the flow of life; I feel that everything happens for a reason and that even though at times we seem lost, God has a plan for us. I am seeking that one person, the love of my life, my soul mate and companion. Webster describes love as a strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal attraction based on sexual desire affection. I personally like God’s definition of love. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered. (1 Corinthians 13)
![]() |
| Eric is also a good dancer! |
I am not looking for love in the sense that this society sees it, Webster’s definition. I am seeking and yearning for God’s definition of love. I am not sure how this works and really am not sold on it. I way too often search for love instead of searching to become closer to God. I hope this is a channel for God to work not another failed attempt of me being impatient.
![]() |
| Eric hopes to hear from YOU! |
27 comments:
Looks like a Catch! My friend Jessica lives in West Virgina! I've written about her here:
http://marydebastos.blogspot.com/2011/06/show-us-your-singles.html
Ooooo, a future nurse :)
wow, he sure does sound like a catch :)
i am single and in chicago...
http://minetolivewithfaithhopeloveandcoffee.blogspot.com/
I am writing you back about my friend, Rachel. I would love more info on him! He sounds great! She checked out your post and was interested, too! :) Yeah!!
oh my goodness.. Eric is smokin! too young for me tho.. and I doubt the hubs would approve anyways.. hehe.. buuut I will totally pray that he finds a wonderful woman..
My friend Heather sounds like a perfect match for your brother!!! check out some scoop on her here she is from Dayton OHIO!!!!!
http://itsareynoldsfulworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/show-me-your-single-friend-heather.html
I'm in east-central Illinois. Have him check out my blog!
faitheblogs.blogspot.com
Hello from Michigan! http://hereafterglow.blogspot.com/
Great post!! Please check out my blog on Ashley #50 on Kelly's singles blog.
Sounds like a great guy! I told my sister I HAD to post because he went to OU and that's where my husband went!! So, she read it and said I HAD to post because he seems like a great guy. :) Here's the post I wrote on her: http://tickledpinkhairbows.blogspot.com/2011/06/show-us-your-life-part-2.html
Or he can contact her directly at CrimsonCarolyn@gmail.com
Hope he finds a sweet girl!
I'm interested!
My blog is at... http://nashvilletothenations.blogspot.com/2011/06/show-us-your-life-show-us-your-singles.html
Oh he's so cute!! I just posted about my friend Suzy - she's a nurse... and they sound like they would have TONS in common... at least to compare nursing stories?! lol check her out...
http://inkristinnews.blogspot.com/
Eric sounds great. I'm #80, if he's interested!
What a cutie! Have him check out my blog on my beautiful friend Teesha - TN isn't too far away!
http://stuartandann.blogspot.com/2011/06/suyl-teesha.html
http://psbrown.blogspot.com/2011/06/love-drugs-and-music-city-richelle.html
# 108 on SUYL.
Eric sounds like a wonderful man!
Hello :)
I'm Amber and I'm in Fort Collins, CO. Eric sounds like a great guy! I enjoy challenging questions and learning from other's :)
Here's the post I wrote about myself last time I participated in show us your life :)
http://thisamber.blogspot.com/2011/01/show-us-your-life-singles-edition.html
he seems great! i'm a little bit older than him but would love to chat if he is interested :)
I wrote about my friend, Leah here www.robinetfamily5.blogspot.com
She lives in Michigan and I think she would be very interested =)
Please check out my friend, Lindsey, on my blog! She saw your post and is interested. :)
http:chelsearatcliff.blogspot.com/2011/06/lindsey.html
seems everyone's beaten me to him but here's me saying i'm here! :-P
Hey! I'm here and interested too :)
Here is my blog :)
http://rmrosser22.blogspot.com/
Interested! I'm studying to be a nurse as well and will be finished in may. I'm 22 and live in Kentucky! Contact me at rreams@midway.edu
Erica,
Eric seems like a great guy! I am a nurse living and working in the Dayton, OH area, and i understand the hours and stress of finishing nursing school! If you and Eric get a chance, take a look at what my sister-in-law wrote about me (#73 on Kelly's Korner). If Eric is at all interested in knowing more, my email is Akbb12@aol.com . Good luck to both of you as you finish Nursing school and search for God's will for your life.
Eric definitely sound like someone I'd like to get to know! My friend wrote a post about me... #184 :). I am just a a girl who loves Jesus and tries to live everyday how He wants. I love love love being outdoors, hiking, kayaking, camping and building up relationship with people is one of my biggest passions. I am heading to Haiti in 2 weeks to do just that! Would love to chat with Eric if he'd like so my email is Jen.Aubain@gmail.com :)
I know you've already updated about narrowing down the choices, but I would love for you to check out my blog. I haven't had time to update it frequently, but you will still get a little glimpse into my heart and who I am. Although a native Ohioan:) I'm currently living in Springfield MO, attending Evangel University's grad school for school counseling. I love what I'm doing, but I'm excited to be finished with school and see what the Lord has for me.
Oh hello handsome man ;) Sigh... why must FL be so far away?! <3
Post a Comment